Thursday, September 22, 2011

Top High End Mascaras

So, we have established that I am not just a make up junkie, but an extreme mascara junkie as well. I collect them, I adore them, I use them like no other. If I didn't have so many, I would probably consistently be running out, just because I use mascara so much. If I'm not wearing any other make up, I am inevitably wearing mascara. I love colored mascara, jet black mascara, curling, lengthening, and volumizing mascara. I am also a fairly intense mascara snob. Yes, there are a few drugstore mascaras that I think are decent, but I am more or less addicted to high end mascaras, and the following are my top picks. They are listed here in order of best to...well, not quite as good as best, but pretty damn good. To be fair, they shift in their ranks based on my mood, the way my eyelashes feel like behaving on a particular day, and how old the mascara is. Suffice to say, that on any given day, one of these is my absolute go-to. They're the ones I would choose when I wanted to look fabulous. As of today, these are the rankings.

1) Clinique High Impact Mascara: This one can be pretty finicky but when it wants to behave, the results are absolutely unreal. This mascara makes my eyelashes look incredible. It volumizes and lengthens and holds a curl perfectly. I love it. The name says it all. High Impact lashes, which is what we all want in the end. You've got to try it for yourself to believe me, but you need to try it.

2) Dior Diorshow Iconic Mascara: This has been a long, long, longtime favorite for me. I discovered this probably my freshman or sophomore year of college, and I have even gotten my mother to wear it. (It is the only mascara my mother will use, which is definitely saying something.) I will purchase and re-purchase this mascara. It is an absolute staple in my collection. It lengthens, curls and separates my lashes and is water resistant. It's incredible.

3) Dior Diorshow Mascara in Azure Blue: This is your standard navy mascara on speed. The blue is the most unbelievable, bright blue color and it actually looks kind of incredible on hazel or brown eyes. This looks great on lower lashes as an accent or on upper lashes with very simple, barely there eye makeup.

4) Clinique High Lengths Mascara: Another Clinique mascara makes the list. This one is pretty fabulous. Super skinny, simple comb-like brush, jet black formula. It's wonderful and makes my lashes look incredible and long and not clumpy.

5) Benefit They're Real Mascara: This is the newest mascara from Benefit Cosmetics, and I'm so impressed. This is much, much better than the BadGal mascaras. The brush is pretty unique, it's a plastic comb, with a tapered tip, and some unusual bristles at the end, almost similar to the Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Mascara. The formula is jet black. Lengthening and separating, all the fabulous things I need in a mascara.

6) Make Up Forever Smoky Lash Mascara (colored & black): I think this one, similar to some of the other ones, has a pretty dedicated cult following. In the last few months, they have released a line of colored mascaras, of which I own two, and I am pleasantly surprised by the fact that although the formular is colored, the formula has not been changed, so your eyelashes look fantastic, exactly the same as the original black. I own the forest green, the plum and of course, the black. I think they pretty much speak for themselves. I've used them once on people and had them go right out and buy it for themselves immediately after.

Those are my top six, and they will shift in their rankings by next week, but these are the mascaras that I need to have no matter what. If you've never tried these, you need to try them. There are plenty of other high end mascaras that people rave about, and to be honest, I've probably tried them all. YSL Faux Cils, Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes, Diorshow Extase, Fresh Firebird, etc etc. The ones listed here are the top of the heap. Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment