Monday, May 7, 2012

Collective Ulta Haul

I've been doing a little shopping in the last month and a half or so, having discovered that there is an Ulta right on my way back to school, and I'm really excited about my purchases.  I've had my eye on a Lorac palette since about January and have been stalking it online at Sephora ever since.  Today, while I was wandering Ulta, I found it!  The Lorac Unzipped palette might be better than the Naked and the Naked 2 palettes.  It has a really beautiful, rich combination of mattes and shimmers, and I realize this is not necessarily a "yes" for most people, but not a single one is black, dark blue, or silver.  They're all fairly warm toned bronzes, golds, taupes, and coppery browns.  I'm in love.  You can find it online at Ulta.com or on Sephora.com.  I highly recommend it if you love the neutral eye look and you're a fan of Lorac eye shadows.  I have been consistently impressed across the board with the Lorac eye shadows since I purchased the Little Black Palette.

I also picked up three of the newly released, new formula Urban Decay single eye shadows.  I purchased them in the cult classic Sin, YDK (from the Naked 2 palette, it's my fave!), and X, which I think might be a new eye shadow entirely.  Sin is of course the shimmery, pale, nudey pink that is an awesome high lighter or mellow all over lid color.  YDK is this totally perfect shimmery taupey-brown.  I've been obsessed with it since I got the Naked 2.  It makes the best day time smokey eye, ever.  X is a pale, peachy gold shimmer that I can just picture being perfect for an all over wash of color during the summer. Amazingness.  The shadows feel so soft and smooth and buttery, the new formula is fantastic.  The color pay off is out of this world.

I grabbed two NYX Jumbo eye pencils, one in Yogurt and one in Cashmere.  Yogurt is a pale creamy gold and Cashmere is a soft coppery color.  I can definitely see myself having fun with them and getting a lot of use out of them.

Aaannnd on to the nail polish.  This is almost embarrassing.  Notice I said 'almost'?  I love nail polish.  I have significantly bulked up my Butter London collection since my last haul.  I'm talking some serious additions.  I picked up Royal Navy, Yummy Mummy, Old Blighty, Saucy Jack, Trout Pout & Jaffa.  I also snagged Essie's Mesmerize, China Glaze's High Hopes, Mediterranean Charm, and OPI's Red Lights Ahead...Where? and What's With the Cattitude?.  All of these can be found online at Ulta.com.  China Glaze polishes can also be found at Sally Beauty Supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment