Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's Day Make Up

Okay, so today is Irish Pride day (aka St. Patrick's Day), and as such, I felt the need to do a crazy green make up look. I love the way it turned out! So here are some pictures and the products I used to achieve it. There's a variety of products from different brands and the focus is definitely on the eyes, neutral cheeks and nude lips complete it. Keep reading!

So I started out with my usual skin care routine. Then I used my Benefit porefessional all over my whole face, followed by the Allison Raffaele true concealer in shade 1 under my eyes, around my nose and on a couple small blemishes. To start the eyes I used the Benefit F.Y...eye! primer on my lids. Then I took a Prestige Skin Loving Minerals eyeliner pencil in Jade and used that all over the lid, smudging lightly when I got near the crease. I used Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On eyeliner pencil in Covet over the top of that. The first eyeshadow I used was Urban Decay's Mildew from the Urban Ammo palette, all over the lid, but not into the crease. In the corners of my eyes, almost halfway onto the eyelid, I used Kat Von D's Long Distance from her new Truth palette, it's a lime, shimmery green that when used with a light hand, is semi-sheer over darker colors. On the outer half of the lid and under my lower lashes (lightly!), I used MAC's Humid, which I've never used before, although I've owned it for quite some time. Then, in the outer corner and crease I used NARS' Night Porter, a beautiful blackened green with shimmers. I've always been a little afraid of this color, it seems so dark and wasn't quite sure how to use it. Directly in the center of my lids I went in with Kat Von D's Snake Eyes, a slightly more blue-hued, lime green. I brought Long Distance into the inner corner and up slightly but used Bare Minerals Soul as a highlight on my brow bone. A little of MAC's Rosemary and Thyme eye kohl and Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On eyeliner in Mildew on my waterline is the perfect dark, but not black, emphasis on the lower lashline. I used the Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black followed by the Benefit Prrrowl mascara top coat, which is sort of a turquoise-y shimmer. Gorg!
I used Benefit's Hoola Bronzer all over my face for a contour and slight glow, followed by Too Faced's Pink Leopard bronzer as a highlight/cheek color. (Don't normally like shimmer on my cheeks but this one is fantastic and not chunky at all.) I used a light dusting of MAC's Blushbaby on the apples of my cheeks and along my cheekbones for just a little rosiness. On my lips went some EOS Summer Fruit lip balm, Revlon's Soft Nude lip stick and a light layer of Benefit's Nudie-Tude lip gloss to add some sheen. No foundation, no powder. Just glowy, semi-matte skin and a little cheek. Loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment