Thursday, March 3, 2011

Body Lotions...Body Butters...Body Creams

I am currently on a body lotion/body butter/body cream kick. I guess this goes hand in hand with yummy smells and yummy smelling body lotion/body butter/body cream... and yummy scented candles.

Currently loving:
fresh Sugar Lychee Body Lotion: with sugar cane extract and mango seed oil; this smells so clean, and yet, so sweet. I'm obsessed with all things tropical, especially passionfruit, and pineapple, and the scents are great, so lychee, one of my favorite tropical fruits, totally grabbed my attention. It's not my favorite texture-wise, but it definitely leaves my skin feeling really soft and not greasy once its totally absorbed.

Victoria's Secret Love Spell Hand and Body Cream: Cherry blossom, peach and white jasmine; oh my dear, what is not to love? It's a little bit sweet, a little bit fruity, a little bit intense and there's something almost crisp about it. I love it. I love the texture, I love the way it absorbs, I love the way the scent lingers on my skin, and on my sheets if I use it before bed. Yummy.

The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter: this has been one of my all time favorite scents since ninth grade, when Charlotte, my roommate, introduced me to The Body Shop. I'm not a huge fan of citrus scents, I don't love them, I don't hate them, I'm just kind of neutral. Every once in a while, though, a citrus scent will grab me, like the St. Ives citrus scented body wash, or, my dearly beloved Satsuma. I am not a huge fan of body butters, I think they're a bit heavy, but that may also be because I am a bit heavy handed while applying them. I do or at one time have owned every single Satsuma scented product from The Body Shop. I love it all. I particularly love the essential oil, that I burn in a little burner with a candle and it makes the whole back half of the house smell fantastic. All that being said, the body butter, being heavy, lingers so beautifully. I can always smell it after I've used it. Heavy as it may be, the smell is fantastic.

The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter: I don't know what this smells like, I have absolutely no idea what a "moringa" flower(?) oil(?) is. I got nothing. It smells like jasmine, gardenia and plumeria all smushed into a lovely pot of moisturizing beauty. The flowers or whatever they are smell fabulous. I love the smell. It's definitely one of those, pick me up type scents that will be there all day and on my clothes when I change at night. It's soothing and mellow and very white flower-y.

Benefit Cosmetics Bathina Touch Me Then Try to Leave Cream: to me, and I don't know if this is really what it is "supposed" to smell like, but to me, this cream smells like roses and plumeria and gardenia all beautifully and delicately mixed. It's like cream silk, it feels amazing going onto the skin and absorbs perfectly. And it's lighter than air. And it's beautiful. And if they discontinue it, I might cry. It's like, clean cotton and gardenia and roses and plumeria. I'm in love with it.

Just a few of my favorites right now. These are all pretty easy to find: the body shop, Victoria's Secret, Benefit... I think they're lovely. I'm always on the hunt for some new, lovely scented body creams and lotions. Happiest when I smell yummy.
On the candle note, also searching for lovely smelling candles. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment