Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Glitter Polish

Like just about all of my friends, and a growing chunk of the female population, I have a thing for glitter nail polish. It's so much fun, and I love to use it as like an accent nail or do a jacked up french mani with glitter tips-the possibilities are endless. However, like ALL of my girlfriends, and again, a growing chunk of the female population, I find myself getting so darn frustrated when I'm trying to get the glitter polish OFF my nails, I'm always wary of using it again. And then a couple months go by and I find myself in the exact same position.

There are several tried and true methods to get glitter polish off: soak your nails in nail polish remover (although I prefer pure acetone for this, if it takes of acrylics, it'll take off glitter) and then gently scrape off the remaining glitter hunks, or use a stiff toothbrush to scrub them off; chipping the glitter off with your other nails and/or teeth (which isn't great for your nails); or you can simply wait until the manicure has run its course and is chipping off on its own and wait till it's almost all gone before you whip out your nail polish remover. Each of those options is extremely time consuming, and, let's face it, not fun.

In the last few weeks, trolling pinterest, I've seen a few pins of hands with tin foil wrapped around the nails, with the tag "how to remove glitter polish". This got me thinking: what if, instead of soaking your nails in a small bowl of polish remover, you soaked a cotton round in polish remover (I still love my pure acetone) and wrapped it around your nails? It WORKS. The other day I did my nails and had Butter London's Rosie Lee on my ring fingers, so I soaked two cotton rounds in pure acetone, wrapped them around my ring fingers and went about wiping off the nail polish from my other fingers. Less than five minutes later, I pulled off the cotton rounds, and swiped off, and sure enough, it came off just like regular polish. Amazing. The tin foil option I've seen lately, is useful if all your nails are coated in two or more coats of glitter polish. Just wrap 'em up, sit back, and about 5 minutes later, (depending on how many coats you applied) off they go!!! Great little trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment