Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My One True Love: Mascara

I am in a serious mascara funk, y'all. This is hugely problematic, since mascara and perfume are just about the only beauty products I insist on wearing every single day. I have tried so many mascaras in my make up lifetime. Over the summer I finally cleared out some of my make up and literally counted 20-something mascaras in my collection. Who needs 20+ mascaras? (I threw away many.) I've done most of the drugstore brands, the only ones I really love are Covergirl Super Thick Lash (my original holy grail, the very first mascara I bought for myself, discovered thanks to the Lovely Twins at Shawnigan) and Lashblast. I've tried L'oreal Voluminous, Maybelline Falsies, Colossal, Full n' Soft, Sky High Curves, XXL Double Extend, Almay, I mean, I've tried just about everything. (Sky High Curves was pretty great.) I've also hit the other end of the spectrum with YSL Faux Cils, Diorshow, Bare Minerals, Laura Gellar, Fresh (Firebird and Supernova), Make Up Forever Smoky Lash (love!), MAC Dazzlelash, Urban Decay, Lancome, Clinique...you name it, it's been on my list. I still love my Diorshow Iconic, but I feel like my eyelashes get used to it and it isn't always as incredible as it could be. (Can eyelashes even get used to mascaras?!?)

I want to know what else is out there. I mean, there have to be other options, I flat out refuse to believe I've tried it all. I have long eyelashes but I love lengthening, separating mascaras, I'm not huge on volume, but it's nice if it comes with lengthening. I get asked if I'm wearing false eyelashes regularly, including by make up artists at counters at Nordstroms and the like. I feel like my eyelashes are in a rut. You know, sometimes you get into the groove of a particular look, same eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush, mascara every single day, and it just feels weird after a while. I keep coming back to Diorshow Iconic and Covergirl Super Thick Lash, but I'm just not excited about them right now. I want a new holy grail. I want a new "holy crap those aren't her real lashes" tube. I love the look on people's faces when I tell them I've never worn falsies. What are my options here? I honestly wasn't SO impressed with YSL, I can't really figure out why everyone raves about it, it doesn't even come close to Iconic. Firebird and Supernova were just kind of "blah" for me, nothing fantastic but not terrible either. I'm over drugstore mascaras, I've found the ones that I like and I'm sticking to them, I mean, don't fix it if it ain't broke, right? Which begs the question: why am I so desperate for a new "oh my G-d" mascara? Send me a sign! Point me in the right direction! I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment