Monday, January 10, 2011

Mascara Gods

I have been begging the Mascara Gods for a new favorite/bomb.com mascara...and I have finally found one!!! Don't get it twisted, I still love my Diorshow Iconic, Make Up Forever Smoky Lash and Covergirl Super Thick Lash, and I definitely rotate in the YSL and Rimmel Lash Accelerator, but I have found one that is totally different from every single other mascara I have ever tried. (No, really.)

I was rummaging through my make up at my parents' house, which is pretty much just a mish mash of random products that I either don't use anymore, or only use part of the year, (i.e. darker foundations from summer), or that were absolute misses, or testers, and found a teeny tester of a Clinique mascara. My aunt always gets me a little something from Clinique when she's here, and always manages to get like a free gift set with whatever she buys and gives me that as well. I guess this came in one of the gift sets, and thus, as a tester, it was relegated to one of the junk drawers at home. Well, I was so bored with all my mascaras and so I decided to try this one out, it's the Clinique High Impact Mascara, which is supposed to be a volumizing mascara. I'm not sure if it's also intended to be lengthening or defining, but all of the above happens for me when I use it. This, with two coats, makes my end lashes wing out like none other, separates and defines and makes my lashes look super long.

I was walking through CVS picking up body wash or something, and one of the make up artists from Beauty 360, the higher end beauty store connected to CVS, was walking through the store as well and she stopped me to ask if I wanted to try a new concealer. Well, no, I didn't, but she stopped me mid-sentence to ask me what I was wearing on my eyes... Only the High Impact mascara. She was shocked, "you're not wearing fake eyelashes?" Then she inspected my eyes, looking for the tell tale sheen from eye lash glue or the band along my lash line. None to be found. (Duh, I've only worn falsies maybe twice in my whole life.) I told her what I was wearing and she was quite impressed and said she'd definitely be checking it out. "I can't believe how long your eye lashes are, hella long!" Thank you, random make up artist. Definitely the response I am looking for with my mascara, I love crazy long lashes and getting that from a tube is wonderful. She even asked me if I used Latisse or some other prescription crazy lash serum. (No, definitely do not.)

My only issue with this mascara is that it dries, and isn't necessarily stiff or crunchy, and certainly doesn't flake, but it does feel more "set" than any other mascara I've used. It feels kind of like a waterproof mascara does when it's fully dry, definitely stiffer than plain mascara but not always gross. This one is the opposite of the Diorshow Iconic, which keeps your lashes really soft, thank you silicone based formula, while you're wearing it. However, the Clinique holds a curl better than any other mascara ever. I don't even actually curl my lashes anymore because this mascara does it all for you, and your lashes stay curled all day long. It's also really easy to get off at night. It comes right off in just warm water with a little face wash, no rubbing, pulling, tugging or make up remover necessary.

I'm totally stoked. New mascara that literally makes me look wide awake, doll eyed and fake lash adorned in two coats. Love it. My lashes look insane when I wear it. I don't need fake lashes because my lashes already look dope with this stuff. It's dramatic enough that it can be the only thing you put on your eyes, and get compliments galore, but it's also wearable for every day. Definitely repurchasing this one when mine runs out. (I bought a full size after I realized how great it was. Still have the tester, probably taking that with me on the plane to Milwaukee in a week and a half.) Seriously, go check this stuff out, it's incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment