Friday, January 14, 2011

more raves...

I have definitely had more product raves recently than I have in a long time. Maybe I've just got the good make-up chi going on right now, but I'm definitely loving whatever is sending this stuff my way.

#1 Benefit Playsticks Foundation (my shade is Tea Party): I started using this junior year of high school, and it was my first foundation ever. I bought it because my boyfriend at the time invited me to his homecoming dance, and my mom took me out to "prettify" me or something. It was a treat, bought a new outfit, and she took me to Benefit in Mill Valley to deck my face out. I stopped using this before I left for college, I just basically stopped wearing make up that summer. I was in the pool all the time and it wasn't a priority. (Duh.) Anyway, my skin dried out quite a bit this winter so my usual Bare Minerals routine wasn't cutting it. (However, Bare Minerals OVER Playsticks gives flawless coverage!) I decided to bust this stuff out and I am blown away by it, once again. Seriously. And, of course, just when I am rediscovering it, I find out Benefit is discontinuing it!!! I need to have me a serious talk with Benefit, they have discontinued some of the greatest stuff!! (Show Offs anyone??)

#2 Clinique Super Moisturizing Balm Gloss in Black Honey: Everyone knows what the Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey looks like, and how phenomenal it looks on basically everyone, and this is the super glossy, super moisturizing gloss formula. This color is the perfect, just ate a whole bowl of raspberries or cherries and now my lips are this gorgeous color but glossed. Seriously. Fabulash. They also have this formula in a bunch of other colors. Worth checking out.

#3 NARS Lipgloss in Dolce Vita: This is like the "real" lipstick version of the NARS lipstick by the same name. The actual lipstick is a sheer, your lips but better color, the lipgloss is full color, glossy, opaque, pinky-rosy-nude gorgeousness. The lipgloss definitely has more color than the lipstick, but both are beautiful. The gloss is definitely on the stickier side, but it's worth it!

#4 Clinique High Impact Mascara: I wrote a whole post on this, so I do not feel the need to repeat myself. All I will say is: fake eyelashes for real. No lies.

#5 Milani Mineral Powder Blush (pressed) in Luminous: Perfect, peachy pink with teeny gold luminous flecks. Not even flecks. Just luminosity. And it's drugstore. Totally accessible. Perfect glowy, pink, healthy cheeks. Perfect with a light bronzer, like Dior's Matte Sunshine in Honey Matte. Love.

I'm in love with all these products, they will probably all be accompanying me to Milwaukee next weekend. I really feel like these are helping my face look....better. My skin looks glowy, healthy, my lips look full and gleamy...my eyes look ridiculous. Getting stopped on the street and asked if you're wearing false eyelashes is CRUCIAL. And amazing. So happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment